Been gone a while too!

General Forum covering non-specific topics.

Moderator: Community Moderators

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Been gone a while too!

Post by ICT Tech »

I was also gone for quite a while but i'm back now, although it was nothing as serious as Quoan's experience.
I know that I had a few questions to answer and i've noticed that they've been deleted before I could answer them, but a friend of mine kept them for me, so I can answer them now and clear up any misunderstandings.

1. What is the new department name for the number 08450 700300?
Order Co-ordination!

2. What is the name of the web based Telephony software used by first and second line engineers?
The web based telephony software we use is "communication centre", it's written by us and integrated into our other systems!

3. What do the following internal acrynoms stand for: FRG, CRG, GE, TRG, SNaP, TDSG, TIE, CCN?
FRG - First Response Group, CRG - Customer Response Group, GE - General Enquiries, TRG - Technical Resolution Group, SNaP - Small Networks & Peripherals, TDSG - Technical Development & Support Group, TIE - The TIE Help queue is available to a number of RM support teams. It is a forum that is used to enable support engineers to pass technical advice to technicians for resolving or progressing calls in their queues. , CCN - Customer Care Network!

4. What is the postcode for the Abingdon Office?
OX14 4SE!

Okay, so, solid proof that I do work for RM, I hope that this is the end of the debate as I really cannot be *BEEPED* doing it again.
I work for RM (FULL STOP!) :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

spoilsport

Re: Been gone a while too!

Post by spoilsport »

Ict Tech wrote:I was also gone for quite a while but i'm back now, although it was nothing as serious as Quoan's experience.
I know that I had a few questions to answer and i've noticed that they've been deleted before I could answer them, but a friend of mine kept them for me, so I can answer them now and clear up any misunderstandings.

1. What is the new department name for the number 08450 700300?
Order Co-ordination!
Wrong. It's CRG. The culmination of FRG and GE.
Ict Tech wrote: 2. What is the name of the web based Telephony software used by first and second line engineers?
The web based telephony software we use is "communication centre", it's written by us and integrated into our other systems!
Wrong. It's CTI and it's part of the Siemens HiPath phone system RM use.
Ict Tech wrote:3. What do the following internal acrynoms stand for: FRG, CRG, GE, TRG, SNaP, TDSG, TIE, CCN?
FRG - First Response Group, CRG - Customer Response Group, GE - General Enquiries, TRG - Technical Resolution Group, SNaP - Small Networks & Peripherals, TDSG - Technical Development & Support Group, TIE - The TIE Help queue is available to a number of RM support teams. It is a forum that is used to enable support engineers to pass technical advice to technicians for resolving or progressing calls in their queues. , CCN - Customer Care Network!
Most of that's right, but then it's not hard to get that sort of information from RM Communities. CTIEHELP is the Staffware Q used for third line escalations for advice, it's not a forum. But then not working for RM, you won't have a concept of queues. The real answer is that TIE is third line.
Ict Tech wrote:4. What is the postcode for the Abingdon Office?
OX14 4SE!
That wasn't the question. The question is what is the INTERNAL postcode format for the Abingdon office.
Ict Tech wrote:Okay, so, solid proof that I do work for RM, I hope that this is the end of the debate as I really cannot be *BEEPED* doing it again.
I work for RM (FULL STOP!) :P

Fraid not. The information you provided is wildly inaccurate and patchy. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if I found these questions are all over RM communities.

The most important question you've not answered is what's the current CC4 build level?

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

This is highly amusing.

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 »

And, without mentioning usernames incase I'm wrong (for which I apologize if I am) you (ict tech) are multi-accounting on the forum with another username.
hostnames don't lie.

missi0n

Post by missi0n »

Fergie1 wrote:And, without mentioning usernames incase I'm wrong (for which I apologize if I am) you (ict tech) are multi-accounting on the forum with another username.
hostnames don't lie.
OMG! no way!

Burn him quickly :lol:
Please change it to 110px high :?

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 »

i'd like to see ICT Tech's response to my post as we (mods) can't be completely sure but its the same ip range and hostnames.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech »

Well, I have been on holiday for the last 2 weeks and then I had to come back to discover that the pest is still arguing with me.
I work for RM [FULL STOP]
I don't know what the current build level is for CC4, it's been a while since I was in work, but when I go back I will answer that question :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

spoilsport

Post by spoilsport »

Why do you persist on filling this forum with guff? If you had any input in CC4, even to test it, you would know. Also, you'd be on the CC4 mailing list and the last mailshot for a new test build was sent over 3 weeks ago.

The only way for you to prove you are an RM employee is to provide me with an employee number. This, in itself, is of no use, but I'll be able to tell by it's format if it's geniune.

Feel free to PM me ;o)