Microsoft Stores

General Forum covering non-specific topics.

Moderator: Community Moderators

cheesepuff

Re: Microsoft Stores

Post by cheesepuff » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:05 pm

fail.. i want someone human not a dummy at a laptop and a guy wearing a tie while some guy with a WM device plays those addictive Windows mobile games
Cheesepuff: geeky and proud.
Rocking a Mac Mini: Want a MacBook Pro (2.66/4gb/Matte High-Res)!

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:56 am

cheesepuff wrote:fail.. i want someone human not a dummy at a laptop and a guy wearing a tie while some guy with a WM device plays those addictive Windows mobile games

LMAO!!!!! :lol:

Good point! :P

It'll be fun to see! :D
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm

their going to be a faliure i recon.
what happened to that msn video live service? ... they just shut that down because of lack of use, and now their teaming up with yahoo to take on google? i really dont think that bing and yahoo search which are both rubbish is going to compete with the mighty power of google!
Heeby's here! :)

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:their going to be a faliure i recon.
what happened to that msn video live service? ... they just shut that down because of lack of use, and now their teaming up with yahoo to take on google? i really dont think that bing and yahoo search which are both rubbish is going to compete with the mighty power of google!

I agree! :lol: :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

cheesepuff

Post by cheesepuff » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 am

bing bong ping pong...

sounds like a fucking fairground ride
Cheesepuff: geeky and proud.
Rocking a Mac Mini: Want a MacBook Pro (2.66/4gb/Matte High-Res)!

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 am

Hmm, Microsoft retail stores...
Is it me, or are they copying another company who have had stores for a long time? ;)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm

reminds me of something called 'apple store' ...

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 am

heebyjeebys wrote:reminds me of something called 'apple store' ...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hehe :)

Boy, that microsoft shop will be plagued with BSOD's ;)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:14 pm

TJ_2k7 wrote:
heebyjeebys wrote:reminds me of something called 'apple store' ...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hehe :)

Boy, that microsoft shop will be plagued with BSOD's ;)

'and this is our piss poor crap range ... as you can see the unanimous blue screens, very common for this type of computer, easy to use too, oh and remember to pick up a hammer on the way out!'

muto

Post by muto » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:58 am

Much as I dislike Microsoft, and hate to defend them, bluescreens are no longer an issue. In 4 anda half years of my (now replaced) XP machine, I only ever got a handful of bluescreens, and they always come from one of three places: bad drivers, failing hardware, and doing stuff you shouldn't, by which I mean stuff like installing alpha drivers for hardware (including one to give you direct access to disks to try and get some old DOS data recovery tools running), and hotplugging IDE drives (Windows does not like this :>).

Vista got a bad rep for bluescreens because when it came out the drivers were terrible, and led to a lot of problems for people, but since then, there haven't been many problems. Two of the guys I work with have been using Windows 7 for the past 4 months or so (Beta->RC->RTM), and haven't had a single bluescreen on it in that time, which got an OS in the testing phase is pretty good.

If you take a look at Apple's history, they've 'copied' a good deal of stuff, including the idea to have a GUI (Xerox got their first), and the dock they like to boast so much about (NeXT and Sun Microsystems). Hell, the only way they got anything as stable as they have is by 'copying' a BSD core.

From the article, all it really says is that Microsoft is planning to open stores to sell its products, and you say this is 'copying' Apple? Were they the first people to ever have the idea of opening a shop to sell goods? Why exactly is it 'copying' for a massive, multinational company to decide to start selling directly, rather than through other stores?