CC4 Windows XP Build Image Help

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
superaz300

CC4 Windows XP Build Image Help

Postby superaz300 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello,
Does anybody have a copy of the CC4 Windows XP Build disk, you may find this in the SR1 and SR2 folders that updates the build disks. I need this as some of my software only supports XP and I wanted to create a XP workstation without smart client all the time. If anyone has any files for the XP build disk please inbox me.
Thanks,
Superaz300
Your CC4 Moderator :D
Ultimate Computer Geek !!!

tfarrer

Re: CC4 Windows XP Build Image Help

Postby tfarrer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Can you use Smart Client?

JarredE

Postby JarredE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi all, do any of you know the correct details to enter for the RM Smart Cilent?
Domain server name
Domain username
Domain password
First cc4 server name
thanks.
Also, what operating system does Smart Client load up? xp or 7
J Evans

superaz300

Postby superaz300 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi JarredE,
Smart client can be used for any OS except Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, so XP, VISTA and Windows 7. Remember guys their is Windows 7 images on the server so you do not have to use smartclient. If you use smartclient, you must make sure that Net Framework 2.0 is installed on Windows XP. And if you are Smart Client Windows 7, disable User Account Control.

So, find smartclient by going to: \\CC4-SR-01\RMPackages\Tools\RM Smart Client\V2.0.0.0\RM Smart client .exe and copy it to the C drive on the local machine, then Right click and run as administrator.

Domain Server Name: CC4-SR-01
Domain Name: cc4.internal
Domain Username: systemadmin
Password: Change_Me

Thanks,

Superaz300
Ultimate Computer Geek !!!

JarredE

Postby JarredE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks Superz :)
J Evans

JarredE

Postby JarredE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello, right can anyone help me here, I've downloaded xp, powered up in VMware etc. now then, how do I make the xp workstation communicate wit the server in-order to have the smart client to build the workstation?
J Evans

tfarrer

Postby tfarrer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:48 pm

When you logon to the VM as the administrator, go onto the network connections, find the VMNet1 adapter (Default LAN Connection or something relating to that) and double click on it, then properties, then IPv4 address, then you can input the information, then click ok and exit everything. Then wait a few seconds. Then go into My Computer and try something like \\CC4-SR-01\
If it asks for credentials, just do CC4\Administrator, as this has the highest permissions on the server.

By the way, just inboxed you about something :D

Return to “RM Community Connect”