RM SmartCache 2

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
jd2kuk

Re: RM SmartCache 2

Post by jd2kuk »

Please respect other users when posting. There are nicer ways to argue someone's point than this, mainly using a couple of techniques called 'courtesy' and 'manners'. You appear to have knowledge and skills in neither.

spoilsport

Post by spoilsport »

jd2kuk wrote:Please respect other users when posting. There are nicer ways to argue someone's point than this, mainly using a couple of techniques called 'courtesy' and 'manners'. You appear to have knowledge and skills in neither.
I only apply that to people who are not liars. There are multiple people on here who "appear" to know about CC3. They make me laugh, lots :D :lol:

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk »

Try to remember that most people on here are new to RM stuff though, and need to be educated nicely, or at least informed with a smile ;)

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 »

jd2kuk wrote:or at least informed with a smile ;)
:lol:

greathenry

Post by greathenry »

has anyone attempted to connect an iphone (or any wireless device) to an RM network? I know the wireless key and proxy address but i think it requires you to have rm smart cache, which obviously the iphone does not have.

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

RM Smart Cache 2 is a machine that runs linux - Red Hat if I remember correctly. The server uses Squid and other technologies to manage internet flow.

The client you see, the executable is an IDENTifcation process that identifies the user to the SmartCache server.

The server acts as a proxy :)

Wack0

Post by Wack0 »

there's identd for *nix.
The iphone runs *nix (well, modified OSX) and when you jailbreak the iphone you get shell access as root.
Put two and two together.

sqdream

Post by sqdream »

Thanks. I will test it tomorrow. And can I just confirm where the spaces are in RM Smart Cache Client.exe or RMSmartCacheClient.exe