RM CC3 Question

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
sh4d0w0lf

RM CC3 Question

Post by sh4d0w0lf » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 am

Hey guys first of all im new here so hi 8) , more importantly can any of you ie. freelanceX tell me how easy it is to control an RM CC3 network as i am applying for a job at my old skool as a Network Manager...

Many thanks

irksome

Post by irksome » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:41 pm

It's so easy it's ridiculous.

If you have any networking knowledge whatsoever then it's a complete piece of piss.

FreelanceX
CC Godfather

Post by FreelanceX » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi sh4d0w0lf and welcome to Xatrix.

CC3 is an excellent network solution for any environment where control is needed. Based on M$ft Group Policy, instead of reg key like CC2.4, community connect has become an extremely secure system with only a few holes. Nothing is perfect.

Group policy enables effective lock down to user areas which are extremely hard to disable unlike the reg key system which was easily bypassed with .bat files and scripts.

The whole system is controlled through a single interface, RM Management Console. All users, PCs, rooms and printers are controlled through this program, which is on-line based, so can be accessed from any PC in school, and through any PC outside school with "easylink".

The wealth of programs provided by RM with CC3 allow unprecedented monitoring and control of the whole system, right down to detailed reports of a users program activity down to the second he opened and closed the program.

The system is overall, easy to control and simple to use. You should not encounter many problems with the system, which aren't common to windows in general.

There are some things i recommend you check on the system initially though, such as the standard test accounts and make sure they are locked down. The list is provided in another topic.
______

It looks like you are quite like me. I work at my old school as the ICT Tech. Its the 1st job i applied for. So good luck and hope you get the job.

If you wish to know any more about the system, just post...

FreelanceX

sh4d0w0lf

Post by sh4d0w0lf » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:59 pm

is it possible to get a copy of the rm CC3 software as i would like to test it on my systems at home (central file server and an old windows box),

when it comes to computer networking i consider myself very good at it... but thats just my opinion 8)

FreelanceX
CC Godfather

Post by FreelanceX » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:46 pm

at present i do not have the full CC3 software package to hand. but this is something i will be looking into getting in the near future. ill post when i do....
FreelanceX - Asking for help should be a last resort. Try it yourself before you run to us for help...