Blocked Internet Access

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
joethecomputer

Blocked Internet Access

Post by joethecomputer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:00 pm

I got this msg from the system admin in one of our schools computer rooms while i was searching with google for "tron bikes" (as we have a D.T project building clocks with models on):

School computers are for schoolwork only... you have been banned from the internet for one week. that includes ALL sites.

i was then logged off and when i logged back on (less than 30 secs later, i get a "page cannot be displayed" error whenever i go onto IE

anyway to get round this and how did they do it?

irksome

Post by irksome » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:40 pm

To get round it just go to your admin and say that you were doing your DT project. If necessary, use your DT teacher to back you up. I'm sure they'll lift the ban.

joethecomputer

Won't Work

Post by joethecomputer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:37 am

no chance he will lift the ban. he tried to get me suspended for using a proxy. and suceeded!

FreelanceX
CC Godfather

Post by FreelanceX » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 pm

ooooooooooooooook... 1 word: HARSH.

if we suspended every kid using a proxy we wouldnt have anyone left in year 10 - 11...

oooh... *thinks* good idea.. :wink:

lol.

if ur that desperate and he wont give it you back, use ur friends...
FreelanceX - Asking for help should be a last resort. Try it yourself before you run to us for help...

ali2234

Post by ali2234 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:45 pm

Yeah, when I nearly got banned I had about 4 or 5 people OFFER to let me use their accounts if I did; although it's not as good as your own.