Default Passwords

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
tomh12345

Default Passwords

Post by tomh12345 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi, Because most of the teachers in our school are completely stupid when it comes to computers, (i had to help my geography teacher log on one time lol but he held the keyboard up so i cudnt see the password) i have heard some of them havent changed their default passwords when they first got their new users on the CC3 network

what is the default password created when new users are created? or does it depend on what the technician wants it to be?
Thankyou

irksome

Post by irksome » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:27 pm

The way my admin does it is whenever he creates new student accounts the password is always "password". But when he creates staff accounts he always creates a random password and forces them to change it as soon as they logon.

Chances are the teachers have custom passwords :wink:

ali2234

Post by ali2234 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:18 am

From browsing the forums you can find out that a default admin password is 'changeme'.