RM Logon Provider

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
jd2kuk

Re: RM Logon Provider

Post by jd2kuk » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:06 pm

So you want to know how to use the RM one in place of the XP one? Or do you want to know how to enable particular options on the thing?

Listos

Post by Listos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:38 pm

jd2kuk wrote:So you want to know how to use the RM one in place of the XP one? Or do you want to know how to enable particular options on the thing?
'ICT Tech' wanted to enable the options by using the gpedit.msc - but then discovered he couldn't access it. Don't worry about the post.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:46 pm

Listos wrote:
jd2kuk wrote:So you want to know how to use the RM one in place of the XP one? Or do you want to know how to enable particular options on the thing?
'ICT Tech' wanted to enable the options by using the gpedit.msc - but then discovered he couldn't access it. Don't worry about the post.
Exactly - when you hit ctrl+alt+delete at school it comes up "Logoff, Shut down, Lock workstation" etc.
How can you enable these options through regedit if gpedit doesn't work.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:59 pm

This is for Listos

When you say that you have got the packages for RM Explorer 2 - did you get it from the ClassMate 5 Update 3 or is it just a normal package.
(More to the point) do you have the .dll file called WorkAreaXP.dll

Listos

Post by Listos » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 am

Ict Tech wrote:This is for Listos

When you say that you have got the packages for RM Explorer 2 - did you get it from the ClassMate 5 Update 3 or is it just a normal package.
(More to the point) do you have the .dll file called WorkAreaXP.dll
I did in fact originally get the RM Explorer 2 setup files from the Classmate 5 Update 3 from RM. But when I got onto my school's server, I just simply took my school's RM Explorer 2 setup files. As for the WorkAreaXP.dll I installed all components related to Classmate onto my computer and couldn't find the WorkAreaXP.dll sorry...

:geek:

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:30 pm

hello,
quick question for everyone - on the logon provider (at work) i change the background image through RM Management Console - how can you change it at home??? (Non-RM Machine)

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:07 pm

This was answered in another post. I'll post a link

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:26 pm

now i'm talking about the actual backgroung wallpaper - not the image itself on the logon screen - how can i change the wallpaper on the logon screen?

Listos

Post by Listos » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:20 pm

I know this one! :D

Go to 'regedit' > HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Control Panel > Desktop

Then scroll down to where it says 'Wallpaper' - by default the data should be (None) - simply enter the path to the image you want as your logon screen wallpaper. (Including the file extension). So if you wanted 'Bliss' as your logon screen wallpaper simply input into the 'Value Data' > C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Bliss.bmp

Then your done... - simply log off to see the effect. (No need to restart)

Hope this helps...

»Listos«

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks Listos - IT WORKED :D :D :D :D :D