I made myself admin! But it wont give me power!

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
coldfire54

I made myself admin! But it wont give me power!

Post by coldfire54 »

Ok, So i finialy got my big chance to get into cmd prompt on my form teachers account when she wasnt looking. She is a system admin. She only had her back turned for about 30 Seconds. In that time i done

net localgroup administrators /add (something)

Then in userpasswords2 beside my name it said Administrator.

But i am still a standard user? Why is this? Would it be easier for me to make a new account? That will take a long time though. Took me 3 years to get onto an admins computer!

Please help!

TJ_2k7

Re: I made myself admin! But it wont give me power!

Post by TJ_2k7 »

I thought it was....
[i][u]My Thought[/u][/i] wrote:net users Administrators /add -------

:mrgreen:

coldfire54

Post by coldfire54 »

TJ_2k7 wrote:I thought it was....
[i][u]My Thought[/u][/i] wrote:net users Administrators /add -------

:mrgreen:
No, I have added my own account to the local Admin group. That command would make a new user.

muto

Post by muto »

So, next time an admin sees the group of Administrators for any reason, they'll know you made yourself admin? Very clever...

coldfire54

Post by coldfire54 »

muto wrote:So, next time an admin sees the group of Administrators for any reason, they'll know you made yourself admin? Very clever...
Oh fek, Forgot about that. I only had about 15 seconds to think fast!

muto

Post by muto »

Sounds as though a it's a good thing it didn't work properly.

The key to hacking is to the the fast/clever thinking *before* you need it. Get an exact plan, and then put it into action, don't try and make stuff up on the fly..

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk »

Actually, it probably did work. Unfortunately, adding your network username and password to the local admins group doesn't seem to do very much- you're much better off creating a new account on the local computer, and making that an admin account. You won't be able to logon to it using the RM logon screen, but if you kill the explorer running under your account, and start-up an explorer instance running under [the user you just created]'s account, it'll be as if you were logged in under that account ;)

coldfire54

Post by coldfire54 »

jd2kuk wrote:Actually, it probably did work. Unfortunately, adding your network username and password to the local admins group doesn't seem to do very much- you're much better off creating a new account on the local computer, and making that an admin account. You won't be able to logon to it using the RM logon screen, but if you kill the explorer running under your account, and start-up an explorer instance running under [the user you just created]'s account, it'll be as if you were logged in under that account ;)
The only thing is, Taskmgr and Cmd are disabled and cmd prompt is giving me access denied when i try a cmd

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk »

Create a new local admin account using userpasswords2. Create a shortcut to 'taskmgr' (without the quotes), and using run as..., run the shortcut under your newly created admin account. Bingo. Same procedure for cmd ;)

coldfire54

Post by coldfire54 »

jd2kuk wrote:Create a new local admin account using userpasswords2. Create a shortcut to 'taskmgr' (without the quotes), and using run as..., run the shortcut under your newly created admin account. Bingo. Same procedure for cmd ;)
Can you make a new user from Userpasswords2?