Evading Tutor

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
Fergie1

Evading Tutor

Post by Fergie1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Ok, my IT teacher is being a complete bellend as he is blocking the internet even while we work.
I found one way to get past tutor which was while he was loading it up I unplugged my network cable while he connected to the other computers and plugged it back in once he had connected to the others which worked.
I've tried the word document thing and net stop client32 doesn't work either. Nor does task manager.
Anyone got anything else i've missed that might work? the option of taking other his and screwing him is there but i'd rather not at the time. :P

coldfire54

Re: Evading Tutor

Post by coldfire54 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 pm

Would RMT not just refresh and connect to you aswell?

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 pm

coldfire54 wrote:Would RMT not just refresh and connect to you aswell?
Nope apparently not.

RMSuck

Post by RMSuck » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 am

if you can get access to RM tutor client then the password should be : tal15man to allow you to quit the program and even access the config menus

unless the admin has changed it try this it may help

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:41 pm

RMSuck wrote:if you can get access to RM tutor client then the password should be : tal15man to allow you to quit the program and even access the config menus

Good idea, its not an RM network though (they use net support which is rm tutor but rebranded or the other way round) so theres a possibility its not even passworded. If it is I have a good idea what the password will be though.

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 pm

RMSuck wrote:if you can get access to RM tutor client then the password should be : tal15man to allow you to quit the program and even access the config menus

I got into the configurator (as this is Tutor 3 I think but for Viglen Classlink) but I saw no option to close the program. I do have an domain admin account but im not sure in the middle of my GCSE's is the best time to use it.

beartom

Post by beartom » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Fergie1 wrote:I got into the configurator (as this is Tutor 3 I think but for Viglen Classlink) but I saw no option to close the program. I do have an domain admin account but im not sure in the middle of my GCSE's is the best time to use it.
If you’re in the middle of your GCSEs, then I would strongly suggest not doing anything malicious. It's definitely not worth jeopardising your future.

But that's just my opinion...

:D

PS. Good luck with your GCSEs!

:)

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm

o no no no, nothing malicious as i said, just something to get rid of his annoying internet block. :P

muto

Post by muto » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:29 am

Get some free hosting, upload a php proxy to it, and flux the domain on it so they can't ban it. Easy.

Fergie1

Post by Fergie1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:26 pm

muto wrote:Get some free hosting, upload a php proxy to it, and flux the domain on it so they can't ban it. Easy.
I don't think you know how tutor works. It blocks any website from being accessed at all, even the active desktop.