PARS Workstation and Server

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
massiv3
Location: in a box outside your house stealing your bandwidth!

Re: PARS Workstation and Server

Post by massiv3 »

This is an example of a SIMS.ini file
[Setup]
SIMSDotNetDirectory=C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net
SIMSDirectory=S:\SIMS\
SIMSSetupsDirectory=\\server\share\sims\Setups
[InstallationLogs]
SIMSApplicationSetup.exe=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SIMSApplicationSetup.log
SIMSInfrastructureSetup.exe=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SIMSInfrastructureSetup.log
[Machine]
Infrastructure=1.00
ive tried setting up all this before. spent 3 hours trying to get it to work and it ended up being that SIMS Clientside could not connect to the database. dont forget that once you are setup you need to know the default username and password.. and if you dont know them you cant login.. once installed you dont get any sort of startup that lets you create any usernames or passwords to start you off..
nothing is stored in any SQL to start with.. you are given nwwsimsdatabase.mdf and that is what you attach to your SQL server and SIMS is working.

they are in E:\ because i brought them home on an external HDD..

The actual SIMS Mapped Drive does not have to be S:\.. the school/college can set whatever drive is free to use sims.. E.g my school use F:\

Connect.ini is created when the server is setup and a client is setup on a seperate machine. when you try to open SIMS.net for the first time on the client it asks were to find Connect.ini and you direct it to S:\SIMS. Connect.ini is not in the setups directory..
Due to the never-ending workload, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice!!

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

Ah ok. With regards to the database logins, you should have been able to do this during the installation of the SIMS SQL server.
The SIMS.ini file looks correct as to what I have here.

timethrow

Post by timethrow »

PLEASE Upload or Send it to me via PM or something.

THANKS

Then will upload PARS.

massiv3

Post by massiv3 »

Like i said earlier if you read and kept up its not easy for me to just upload SIMS

If you upload PARS then i can test it here and if it works i may just release SIMS "if" i can get rid of all the information that tracks me back to my workplace.

Massiv3
Due to the never-ending workload, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice!!

timethrow

Post by timethrow »

Ok then *Censored* if you want to be that rude then be that way you *Censored*.

But i have just got your IP from a clever tool and so you might prepare to start looking for a new place to go to school / work as im sure it will be pretty easy to trace it back to where you work.

PS i have already sent an email to the Piracy Hotline and to the company that makes SIMS.net so your screwed oh and have a good day you *Censored*.

Oh i forgot that i wiped my PC and put PARS on a memory stick thats hidden so before you even think about that.

*Censored*

PSS Use a *Censored* Proxy in future

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

timethrow, you obviously have no clue on how large it is. You don't come across 3.56GB of data every day.

Obviously you have his IP. Guess what. Only staff can see his IP. I don't think it'll be easy without getting a legal order. Good luck wasting your money to find absolutely nothing.

Capita ES don't have a piracy hotline. From what I know, they don't seem to care about piracy, because school's can't use it without being registered - or don't you know that?

"Guys who make SIMS.net" give me a break.
Have a nice day, hope to see you banned soon.

massiv3

Post by massiv3 »

well thank you for that little slag off session while i have been away and thankyou to ct2k7 for backing me up. FYI timethrow i wasn't trying to be rude to you i was merely trying to point out that you should read the whole topic and not just the last message. and nobody was using any offensive language so why start?
im not going to hand over SIMS to you now for the mere fact that you are rude and abusive so its your own fault in the long run.

Massiv3

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 »

timethrow wrote:Ok then dipshit if you want to be that rude then be that way you wanker.
timethrow wrote:WANKER
Somebody is on their period :shock: :lol:
A little overreaction I think. You clearly didn't read the thread and Massiv3 simply you told you that. Why you thought he was being rude is beyond me.

And also, If a company wanted to press piracy charges a little proxy wouldn't hide the culprit; they'd simply get a court order for the proxy host to reveal the original IP. ;)

Anywho, everyone calm down and let's get back on topic :)