PARS Workstation and Server

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
PDN

Re: PARS Workstation and Server

Post by PDN »

timethrow wrote:How is it going ???
Done.

Code: Select all

mediafire.com/simsdotnet

timethrow

Post by timethrow »

Arghh this is all the workstation stuff i need the SIMS Server bits as well

So S:\Sims\Setup or something

PDN

Post by PDN »

I had a feeling this was too simple - I'll try and see if I can grab anything off the S drive but I have an extremely strong feeling that I will not be able to access the S drive. :(

I'll report back tomorrow on if my "trip" to the S drive failed or not and if it does, I apologize, it'll be down to the hands of a forum member if they have access to the S drive and upload all SIMS exes.

timethrow

Post by timethrow »

PDN wrote:I had a feeling this was too simple - I'll try and see if I can grab anything off the S drive but I have an extremely strong feeling that I will not be able to access the S drive. :(

I'll report back tomorrow on if my "trip" to the S drive failed or not and if it does, I apologize, it'll be down to the hands of a forum member if they have access to the S drive and upload all SIMS exes.
Well how did it go and how did you get in there before

PDN

Post by PDN »

I can't find any S drive at all. I then tried on a Teacher's PC which has the SIMS client installed but still could not find any SIMS related network drive (I even check using a Java FTP applett as well as using VLC which shows all drives including C) :(

The only way I managed to get those installers was from a different drive altogether and I've looked thoroughly in that directory and I was not able to find anything along the lines of a SIMS server setup file.

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

PDN wrote:I can't find any S drive at all. I then tried on a Teacher's PC which has the SIMS client installed but still could not find any SIMS related network drive (I even check using a Java FTP applett as well as using VLC which shows all drives including C) :(

The only way I managed to get those installers was from a different drive altogether and I've looked thoroughly in that directory and I was not able to find anything along the lines of a SIMS server setup file.
There definately should be stuff in S:/SIMS

I wish I had access to the teacher's laptop again - it had everything we would need. Except the server install I assume?

massiv3
Location: in a box outside your house stealing your bandwidth!

Post by massiv3 »

The files you need are on the s drive of your school admin server then the sims directory then the setup directory
s:/SIMS/setups

I have all setups but as they are from my work it's more than my jobsworth to be uploading them I can only direct you to were they are and also I have no idea how to install sims because we got an external company in to set it up
Due to the never-ending workload, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice!!

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

massiv3 wrote:The files you need are on the s drive of your school admin server then the sims directory then the setup directory
s:/SIMS/setups

I have all setups but as they are from my work it's more than my jobsworth to be uploading them I can only direct you to were they are and also I have no idea how to install sims because we got an external company in to set it up
If I remember correctly, one of the files includes the DfES number. Locating and clearing that information should suffice. Would you mind PMing me a list of files that are there?

massiv3
Location: in a box outside your house stealing your bandwidth!

Post by massiv3 »

Here is a list of all the files i have for SIMS.net
Attachments
sims files.JPG
Due to the never-ending workload, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off until further notice!!

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 »

massiv3 wrote:Here is a list of all the files i have for SIMS.net
Basically, everything from ADProvisioningService and down, but excluding dotnetfx is required. If you want, you could send the lot to me and I sanitise on my private server (not connected to the internet - used to network testing)?

But basically, one of those files there will aid the installer generated SIMS.INI which contains the server config stuff. Ok why are those files in the E share mapping?
If I remember correctly, SIMS needs at least two servers, but I cannot remember. I think one is the SQL server, other the Document Server.

EDIT: Those are the correct setup files. SIMSINST is run to install the server, but is also run to install the workstation!

Also, never run the SOLUS update, becuase it will try to find the Dfes number. I think this might be stored in the SQL but I can't be 100% sure.

Actually, have a look at the config archive - though it looks like stock. - ok, where is the connect.ini file? That's the one that's used to connect workstations to the server :/