Unable to set Domain Security

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
thornhillr

Unable to set Domain Security

Post by thornhillr »

Hello,

I keep getting the error "unable to set domain security", can anyone help me to resolve this?

Many Thanks

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Re: Unable to set Domain Security

Post by ICT Tech »

I thornhillr,

Could you possibly give us some more detail surrounding your error, i.e. Are you trying to create a new GPO, are you running gpupdate, etc.

ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr »

It happens during a workstation build?

And also do you know how to setup an RM cc3 server?

Thank you

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech »

Hmm, that's a bit strange.

How did you get it to try to set the domain security policy, did you follow the guide or have you done something yourself?? :)
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr »

I attempted to setup an RM cc3 server, it's around 95% working which I need to resolve. I attempted to commission the wordtstion it was fine until it got to attempting to set domain security. But if I get other thIngs fixed everything may work n I might be able to write a guide or instructions about the process of setting up the server.

Thanks

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech »

The server is 95% working? That could be the problem, a DC needs to be fully functional and operational in order to distribute any kinds of group policies etc. :)
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr »

The only problems are:

The UMFolder.ini folder's the contents do not get updated or have anything written in them when the server software is being installed, so therefore when i create a user in the RMMC it creates it in the AD, but not the RMMC, and doesnt create a roaming profile or folders in the RMUser folders.I look in event viewer and it says stuff like permission denied (even though logged on as administrator), and line 629 or something like that, this is one of the biggest problems.

Learning Resources does not load because of An error dispalying Null (600),
Program Sets - Creation window appears i create a program set, and it isnt displayed in program sets in RMMC
Staff Subject Areas - Creation window displayed, but there is an error something like error -2179.....
Global Workstation Settings -Most nodes open but some dont becuase ~"Permission Denied", even though logged on as ADMINISTRATOR.

If these were to be working correctly, i would then have a fully working cc3 server.
Everything else is working correctly, and i've been trying to get help on here for months about the problems and no-one replies really except for you.

Thank You :)

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr »

If the above problems were to be solved, then i would have a fully working RM CC3 server.

The main problem is the UMFolders and the creation of profiles thorugh the RMMC and the creation of the roaming profile and the folders in e.g. RMTeacherWork and RMTeacherProfiles.

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr »

Any help would be greatly appreciated ????

And also does anyone have the contents of the RM Auditor Installation Disk.

Thank You.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech »

For the user docs and user profile folders try setting share permissions for "Everyone" to "Full Control", then ensure the Security Permissions are set to the appropriate groups, then try and create another user and check the event log :)
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin