Unable to set Domain Security

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
thornhillr

Re: Unable to set Domain Security

Post by thornhillr » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:38 am

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply hope you had a good Xmas.
Would changing the security on the folders enable the unfolder.ini to be written to and updated and allow roaming profiles and users to be successfully created ?

Thanks.

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:29 pm

I followed your instructions, and gave Full Control to all of the groups that wqere avaliable. However after the installtion of RM User Manager, RM Management Tool Security, RM Management Tool Security Configuration had bee completed, i checked the Event Viewer, and there was an error for each and every piece of information that had to be written to the UMFolders. An example of one of the error messages was:

Failed to write 'ProfilePath'='' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMSYSADMINWORK\UMFolder.ini'. Access is denied. (Settings line 495)

But i was using the Administrator account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

timethrow

Post by timethrow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Dunno if this will work but after some goggling i found this, hope it is of some use.

This is a problem that sometimes happens when you update a running site with
a lot of pages at once and someone hits one of the pages, forcing it to
compile.

Chances are, it you fully stop IIS and restart it again, it will go away.
Try:

net stop iisadmin /y
iisreset

timethrow

Post by timethrow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

These are the messages from event viewer - I have taken the RMTeacherWork errors as examples - i have also edited the server name and domain:

ailed to write 'Foldername'='RMTEACHERWORK' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMTEACHERWORK\UMFolder.ini'.
Access is denied. (Settings line 495)

Failed to write 'ParentPath'='\\SCH-SR-001' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMTEACHERWORK\UMFolder.ini'.

Failed to write 'ProfilePath'=\\SCH-SR-001'' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMTEACHERWORK\UMFolder.ini'.

Failed to write 'ParentOU'='' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMTEACHERWORK\UMFolder.ini'.

Failed to write 'LogonName'=SCHOOL.INTERNAL' to file '\\SCH-SR-001\RMTEACHERWORK\UMFolder.ini'.

Sorry one more thing, This will sound silly but have you set the right file attributes in Folder Properties to allow EVERYONE to Read Write Etc as that may also work.

Just at a guess as if it cant write there then that could be why.

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Thank you for your time looking and replying - I have tried the more advanced iis reset and have given all of the folders full control for everyone. When I install RM user manger it creates the umfolders but in eve viewer just says access is denied etc.

Any solutions or help would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

I have also tried inputting the required information into the UMFOLDER.INI, i then go to the RMMC create a new user, it creates a user in the AD, but does not create a roaming profile or anything.

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Manually inputting information into UMFolder does not work.

I think that the reason why its not working properly is because of the permissions.

thornhillr

Post by thornhillr » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Any CC3 Build Server scripts?