Help please !!!

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
timethrow

Help please !!!

Post by timethrow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi all, I have been busy lately but i need some help.

1. I have a DAT Tape of a Schools CC3 server, its a backup tape now i don't know whats on it but i was wondering if i were to buy an IDE DAT Tape Drive Reader, and were to plug it in could i essentially restore cc3 on to a pc,

2. If YES to above, How would i, for example will it boot, do install a clean copy of 03 and restore somehow in there,

3. Is the CC3 Server still down on 4shraed

4. If i were to release an updated vmware version of the existing server, What would you want on there,

Currently i have done: ALL Updates and HSP's up to the latest at date of posting, LST Disc, SR6 and updated the Build Area (XPSp2), Plus added various Pacakges and a few tweaks for example Disk Quota, RM Rebuild Share and Pacakge Build Location script.

What else do you wnat if i were to release one

Please can you answer all of the questions if possible and esspecailally the first 2 in clear (Not to techie) english thanks.

Wack0

Re: Help please !!!

Post by Wack0 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm

1) Yes you can do that
2) Thats exactly what to do.
3) No idea
4) No idea

Xcellerator

Post by Xcellerator » Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 pm

If any of you don't know, the password to http://cc3server.4shared.com is "xatrixnew".
But does anyone know what happened to http://cc3apps.4shared.com?
RGB Hypnotoad compels you to OBEY!!!

thes19man

Post by thes19man » Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am

Xcellerator wrote:If any of you don't know, the password to http://cc3server.4shared.com is "xatrixnew".
But does anyone know what happened to http://cc3apps.4shared.com?
Thanks for this man.

Wouldn't the stuff in that apps folder be inside the binky image anyway? Minus a few "Useful Software" stuff timethrow uploaded. But yes it seems to deploy everything.

I am gonna create a CC3 setup guide soon as ICT Tech's one is a bit inaccurate. The static IP address part is a bit wrong and following that method will result in the RM Application Agent not running thus not installing any of the CC3 stuff :S

So anyways I'm gonna do my bit for this forum and make a guide :D

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 15, 2011 10:16 pm

thes19man wrote:Thanks for this man.

Wouldn't the stuff in that apps folder be inside the binky image anyway? Minus a few "Useful Software" stuff timethrow uploaded. But yes it seems to deploy everything.

I am gonna create a CC3 setup guide soon as ICT Tech's one is a bit inaccurate. The static IP address part is a bit wrong and following that method will result in the RM Application Agent not running thus not installing any of the CC3 stuff :S

No. The apps wouldn't be in the image, apps are separately installed. Also, you do realise you've just commited yourself to creating a new guide to incorporate DHCP ??
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

kaujazz

Post by kaujazz » Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 am

cc3appz.4shared.com
password: xatrixnew

thes19man

Post by thes19man » Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Ict Tech wrote:
thes19man wrote:Thanks for this man.

No. The apps wouldn't be in the image, apps are separately installed. Also, you do realise you've just commited yourself to creating a new guide to incorporate DHCP ??
No silly, I mean once its done the RM Workstation Build bit, it doesn't seem to install the core components after RM Workstation Build makes the station part of the Domain. I didn't need to bother with any DCHP thing?

So I'm just gonna make a guide which is pretty much similar to yours but includes setting the static primary DNS on the workstation to the local IP of the server.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Thu May 26, 2011 12:25 am

thes19man wrote:No silly
Actual LOL !! :lol:
thes19man wrote:I mean once its done the RM Workstation Build bit, it doesn't seem to install the core components after RM Workstation Build makes the station part of the Domain. I didn't need to bother with any DCHP thing?

So I'm just gonna make a guide which is pretty much similar to yours but includes setting the static primary DNS on the workstation to the local IP of the server.
Aah right ! But are you are I haven't got the primary DNS Server in there, I can't actually find a copy of my guide right now lol !! :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

thes19man

Post by thes19man » Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Ict Tech wrote:
thes19man wrote:No silly
Actual LOL !! :lol:
thes19man wrote:I mean once its done the RM Workstation Build bit, it doesn't seem to install the core components after RM Workstation Build makes the station part of the Domain. I didn't need to bother with any DCHP thing?

Aah right ! But are you are I haven't got the primary DNS Server in there, I can't actually find a copy of my guide right now lol !! :P
Silly Billy :lol:

you go to the properties of the server's network connection (Local Area Connection usually), right click on it and click properties. Scroll down and look for something like TCP/IP and click properties. Now if you are hooked up to a modem router you want to find out it's default gateway. This will either be 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1(usually used by belkin), 192.168.1.254(Homehubs usually). Find out by going to cmd on your main OS and typing in ipconfig. Once you have your default gateway it's time to assign a static IP to the server. We will use my settings as an example.

Set IP to 192.168.1.50 (replace 1 with 0, 1 or 2 or whatever your default gateway 3rd digit is (0.0.(0).0 the one with brackets around it being the number you want to find). Set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, set default gateway to the default gateway of your router and put preferred DNS as default gateway address of your router also and leave alternate DNS blank and press ok.

Press OK again

Now it's time to configure the client workstation.

Go to the properties of the workstation's network connection (Same procedure as above)

Now once you are on the TCP/IP settings, set IP to 192.168.1.51 (again 3rd digit is whatever your default gateway's 3rd digit is), Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, Gateway to your router's default gateway address. Now on Preferred DNS put the IP you set on the server (192.168.1.50 in my case) and press ok then ok again.

Make sure you set the administrator password of the workstation to rm.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Lovin the sense of humour lol !! :)

But are you sure I haven't got that in my guide already, I'll have to have a look for it, but I'm sure I put in IP Configurations ?? :-\
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin