SIMS.NET Server Setup

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
thornhillr

SIMS.NET Server Setup

Post by thornhillr » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Does anyone know how to setup a SIMS.NET Server???

Thanks.

timethrow

Re: SIMS.NET Server Setup

Post by timethrow » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:38 pm

This may not be much help but I have tried from my SIMS installers, and so far I still cant get it to work,

But basically set up a Windows Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise Server and Create 2 Partions (C:\ and D:\) and create a folder in the D:\ drive and call it SIMS and map that folder to the S:\ Network Drive, Copy the "setups" folder across to the S:\ Drive, Download and Install, MS Support Tools, SQLEXPRERS and all the latest updates for Server 03 (SP2 etc DO NOT INSTALL IE8) then run the SIMSINST.EXE in the S:\Setups folder, There select the options you require and install.

Install should go fine, but the problem I have had is trying to reset the SYSMAN password to login, With a clean DB, I don't know why but I haven't spent to much time on it tho.

Also install notes, Create a domain such as SIMS-ADMINSERVER2011.LOCAL etc, and Google SIMS Installation as you may get a few things up there to help. I May have a go later on in the week and see how it goes and see if i can help.

ct2k7

Post by ct2k7 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:03 am

All of my SIMS files went with my laptop in a fire. I did have SIMS set up, and I did document everything :(

Frankyh

Post by Frankyh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 am

Hey there,this is Frankyh,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here