Help??? RM CC3 SERVER AND WORKSTATION

Discuss it here

Moderators: Community Moderators, Veterans - RM Community

Forum rules
RM Specific Disclaimer: Users should be advised that any software files, modifications, upgrades, plugins etc are property of the poster.
Xatrix Security do not accept ownership of these files nor do we accept liability for any copyright violations.
Xatrix Community Guidelines: Click Here
superaz300

Help??? RM CC3 SERVER AND WORKSTATION

Post by superaz300 »

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to setup an rm cc3 fully working server for months, as I love cc3,

Now, I have managed to convert Blinky's VMware CC3 server image onto a real computer, (Please feel free to ask how to do that) and I am having problems setting up the network settings, I have a belkin ADSL 2 router and all of my machines are connected throught a lan port, and it is set for DHCP, but everytime I run the RM Workstation Build, First of all I get the message "The domain CC3 was not found" then it finds it, reboots and I get the error "Unable to set domain security" any way, i leave it for an hour or to, and it carrys on, then when I run the rm application wizard, it says, cd rom database is not found and does not recaganize the cd player, and I carnt run learning resources or rmmc from workstation, it just says no more establishments available, Please help me somebody!!! Abd also it takes forever for workstations to log onto, it says loading your perssonal settings for ages, and then says applying your personal settings for ages, Thanks, Superaz300
Ultimate Computer Geek !!!

tommym97

Re: Help??? RM CC3 SERVER AND WORKSTATION

Post by tommym97 »

I'm stuck at page 7. I've set the XP pc to 192.168.0.2, and now it says cc3-dc01 is not available (it can't find it). I can access it from the RM Windows Server 2003 PC, however when I click on any folders in 'cc3-local' nothing has been installed. Any help?

oft10

Post by oft10 »

HI
How did you make the Vm ware CC3 in to a real version been trying to do it for ages

Thanks

oft10

Post by oft10 »

Hi
How did you get the Vmware cc3 to a real image

Thanks

superaz300

Post by superaz300 »

Hey guys,

Sory its a late reply,

My CC3 server is now 100% working,

For those of you who want to convert the VMWARE image onto a real computer,

Then here is a quik guide,

I will help you guys loads,

For copying the VM to a real computer,

You need to,

When the acronis disk director is installed, you need to clone the hard drive, ONLY THE C:\ DRIVE,

I am assuming you have a external hard drive, if not then get one, you will need about 20gb of storage for this,

When the C:\ has cloned, you then need to go to,

Start,
All programs,
Accessories
System Tools,
Backup,

Right now
Backup, C:\ and then the other 4 drives, rmmange and rmdelivery etc

When it asks you where to backup, save it onto your external hard drive,

Right,

Now on the computer you want to install this on, example, a desktop computer with a wiped hard drive,

Install windows server 2003, if you do not have this, then pm me and ill will specially upload it for you,
During server 2003 setup, when it comes to partitions, if you have a 80gb hard drive, delete all partitions, bye the way before instalation unplug your external hard drive if you have conected it, delete all partitions on there, create one partition, and split the 80gb into 4ogb, and then 10gb, 10gb 10 gb 10gb, they are for the network partitions, install on c:\ drive, when it comes to computer name setup, set it to CC3-DC01 and set the administrator password to rm,

when server is installed, i think on the virtual machine, does it have server service pack 1 installed? if so, you must install that and then, go to backup file and restore all the drives, etc,

Hope that hellps a little,

Thanks

Superaz300
Ultimate Computer Geek !!!