Windows or Mac?

This forum is for discussing the Microsoft Windows OS, and related topics.

Moderator: Community Moderators

heebyjeebys

Windows or Mac?

Post by heebyjeebys » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 am

What is better, windows or mac? I am a windows guy but my friend adores macs and he has never had them
Quite a lot of things they say are not true anyways!

jd2kuk

Re: Windows or Mac?

Post by jd2kuk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 pm

I have to disagree with some of that. I personally LOVE macs. Why? Well, I don't play of games, and most of the creative software I'd ever need (Cubase, pro tools etc etc.) have strong mac ports. In fact, most of the creative industries centre their workflows around mac.

Advanced features are abundant in mac. You just need to know where to look ;) . Macs are built around unix, and any feature you get as standard on unix is available on mac.

Of course, you probably are the person who wants to play games; no problem. Just use vmware or parallels to run the game- they both have directx support, so you can run windows games.

And when you finally find you just have to use windows for a certain task, a mac will dual-boot into windows with ease, so you can be running the windows desktop in seconds- natively.

The only downside to a mac is the ridiculous price tag, but if you have the money, they're well worth it. I'm sure you want your computer to look gorgeous, right? ;)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Windows rules. Mac suck. period

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 pm

A very intellectually justified comment :P

jd2kuk

Post by jd2kuk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:22 pm

If I specifically wanted a PC, and had the money, then I would. But I'd rather have the option of running mac os x and windows side by side. And most new PCs still don't support EFI; all macs do out of the box

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:33 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:Windows rules. Mac suck. period
I totally agree :D

I don't really like using them, propably just because I am used to using Windows :P

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm split.
I love MAC OS X new layout and design and has great features and are always fast.Plus you can run Windows on them using boot camp.
BUT
I play alot of games which depend on windows and Mac's have a huge price tag which I just can't afford plus It's complicated to put Mac OS X on a pc
I'd love to have a mac, if i had the money.

They're both great! :D

:mrgreen:

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm

NONONO macs are crap. You can't upgrate them (apart from a little memory) they have a rediclous price tag and, quite frankly, macs are CRAP for industry specific things.
PC beats anything apple can throw at them. They are upgradeable and can support thousands and thousands of hardware combinations and macs can't do that.
Think about it. Apple are trying to sell their hardware, which is 10 times more expensive than pc for the same thing. They operating system is just a side thing to boost their sales.
If apple put the mac osx on pc then they would go out of buisness, their hardware makes up most of thir profit.

I have a grudge again'st them, they allways seem to crash when i am on them. I somehow managed to get ALL the icons bouncing on the dock and then it CRASHED! it had 2 hours of work on it and then it was all gone.

So I prefer windows over any other operating system or platform.
Mac suck big time, Windows rules. period

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:24 pm

TJ_2k7 wrote:I'm split.
I love MAC OS X new layout and design and has great features and are always fast.

:mrgreen:
Macs are not allways fast.
My school got 2 year old ones and they are slower than the RM computers, except one but that crashes all the time.
The only reason that they are stable and "fast" is because apple does not want sofware bugs from third party developers creating slight flaws in the system that over time make the system unstable and slow.
That is why they hav elimmited the software and hardware combinations to make it more stable and less crashy, but at the same time making it not as good as windows in that respect

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Quaon wrote:You want a beautiful looking PC? Go with alienware!

I aggree, they are gorgeous . But the price tag is heafty. I got just the case from the comapny that makes the cases :D looks sweet too.

I would give pc 95/100
and macs 30/100