Windows or Mac?

This forum is for discussing the Microsoft Windows OS, and related topics.

Moderator: Community Moderators

User avatar
TJ_2k7
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby TJ_2k7 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 pm

heeby wrote:Ok... i am back on xp .... it don't feel right.
there is somethings i love about the mac:

-keyboard, this i love most of all!
-how stylish it is
-how fast it is
-its interface and how it interacts with the user
-and how easy it is to use


BEFORE...

Hebby a little earlier wrote:Mac is for people with massive eyebrows who think that they are cool with their sleek and sexy looking computer.
(not you magix)
things that mac annoys me:

the dock .... it won't go away
you can't find anything
not enough options in system prefs
rediclous interface
annoying


Notice you comment on the interface saying its rubbish but now you've changed your mind... :lol:

User avatar
heebyjeebys
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby heebyjeebys » Thu May 15, 2008 9:01 pm

my friend has MASSIVE eyebrows (jk jk!)
well... peoples opinions change every so often ;)

User avatar
TJ_2k7
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby TJ_2k7 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:04 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:my friend has MASSIVE eyebrows (jk jk!)
well... peoples opinions change every so often ;)


True,
Im speechless...
You insulted it so much but we've finally converted you....
I havn't tested networking on a Mac (File Sharing)
All i have done is use the internet on a friends mac but then relies on the ISP's speed...

:mrgreen:

User avatar
heebyjeebys
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby heebyjeebys » Thu May 15, 2008 9:09 pm

TJ_2k7 wrote:
heebyjeebys wrote:my friend has MASSIVE eyebrows (jk jk!)
well... peoples opinions change every so often ;)


True,
Im speechless...
You insulted it so much but we've finally converted you....
I havn't tested networking on a Mac (File Sharing)
All i have done is use the internet on a friends mac but then relies on the ISP's speed...

:mrgreen:


to share files with windows you have to enable SMB in the sharing options, so file sharing with windows is not there by default.
and then to connect to windows, you have to go to finder > connect to server (its in one of the menus at the top) > set server address to : smb://[ipaddress or server name]
you have to specify smb at the start or it won't work :(

User avatar
TJ_2k7
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby TJ_2k7 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:to share files with windows you have to enable SMB in the sharing options, so file sharing with windows is not there by default.
and then to connect to windows, you have to go to finder > connect to server (its in one of the menus at the top) > set server address to : smb://[ipaddress or server name]
you have to specify smb at the start or it won't work :(


If only i needed to use that..... :lol:
But obviously i can't , as i dont have a mac :cry:

:mrgreen:

jd2kuk
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:19 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby jd2kuk » Fri May 16, 2008 4:56 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:to share files with windows you have to enable SMB in the sharing options, so file sharing with windows is not there by default.
and then to connect to windows, you have to go to finder > connect to server (its in one of the menus at the top) > set server address to : smb://[ipaddress or server name]
you have to specify smb at the start or it won't work :(


It is a bit ridiculous. Maybe you should tell apple, you might get some results ;)

User avatar
heebyjeebys
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby heebyjeebys » Fri May 16, 2008 5:18 pm

exaclty and i would... if i could find somewhere to conact them :!:
and ... to connect to a server you have to go into finder and then connect to server... and then submit a username and password otherwise the thing just yells at you :oops:

User avatar
heebyjeebys
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby heebyjeebys » Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 am

OMG !! Mac can do a VPN!!!
simply type (into connect to server in finder) : smb://[server ip address] and submit you credidentials!
I have to say that its much easier than in windows, but they are still a little fiddly
and just to say, i did this on my friends mac... and in the mac in pc wold :lol:
I have so turned to mac, i love the macbook now!

User avatar
heebyjeebys
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby heebyjeebys » Sat May 24, 2008 11:59 pm

can mac access shared printers from a windows system, and if so how? (btw mac can access hidden windows shares ending with $ so long as the entire share name is specified [smb:\\{server}\{share}+{$}])

jd2kuk
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:19 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby jd2kuk » Sun May 25, 2008 11:59 am



Return to “Windows Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest