Windows or Mac?

This forum is for discussing the Microsoft Windows OS, and related topics.

Moderator: Community Moderators

cheesepuff

Re: Windows or Mac?

Postby cheesepuff » Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 am

Oh if anyone is shifitng a Mac Pro, 8-core, for £20, I'll be glad to take it off you hands.

Can't blame me for trying.p
Cheesepuff: geeky and proud.
Rocking a Mac Mini: Want a MacBook Pro (2.66/4gb/Matte High-Res)!

cheesepuff

Postby cheesepuff » Mon May 11, 2009 4:05 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:Windows rules. Mac suck. period

Well things have come a long way, eh heeby?

:D

heebyjeebys

Postby heebyjeebys » Mon May 11, 2009 4:06 pm

we all know that was a very long time ago...
Heeby's here! :)

kaden361

Postby kaden361 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 pm

I prefer pcs because they are more fun...you can change almost anything and everything...the other problem with macs is there computer language which is suppose to be "easier".... i was looking at some mac code...and they pretty much just spell out the command you want to execute very inefficient. and Alien ware is not the only ones that make awesome looking case i have some off brand case thats looks cool with neon lights trippy fan that also lighs up. I even added a cup holder into one of my drive bays lol. I have heard that mac pros give pc gaming rigs a run for their money but i'm not sure don't wanna waste my time on a MAC. I really doubt it though. because you just have more options for your hardware on a PC.

cheesepuff

Postby cheesepuff » Tue May 12, 2009 11:22 pm

kaden361 wrote:I prefer pcs because they are more fun...you can change almost anything and everything...the other problem with macs is there computer language which is suppose to be "easier".... i was looking at some mac code...and they pretty much just spell out the command you want to execute very inefficient. and Alien ware is not the only ones that make awesome looking case i have some off brand case thats looks cool with neon lights trippy fan that also lighs up. I even added a cup holder into one of my drive bays lol. I have heard that mac pros give pc gaming rigs a run for their money but i'm not sure don't wanna waste my time on a MAC. I really doubt it though. because you just have more options for your hardware on a PC.

Macs have the edge over PCs in the creative industry. Final Cut Pro is a hell of a editing package, Mac only, PS runs better on a mac. Also, Ailenware make shithot gaming pc's, but that mac pro, fully kitted out will ph33r h4x any gaming pc. SO runs flawless on Mac systems, and Mac OS has a Unix core, which faps Windows on every level.

heebyjeebys

Postby heebyjeebys » Tue May 12, 2009 11:38 pm

kaden361 wrote:I prefer pcs because they are more fun...you can change almost anything and everything...the other problem with macs is there computer language which is suppose to be "easier".... i was looking at some mac code...and they pretty much just spell out the command you want to execute very inefficient. and Alien ware is not the only ones that make awesome looking case i have some off brand case thats looks cool with neon lights trippy fan that also lighs up. I even added a cup holder into one of my drive bays lol. I have heard that mac pros give pc gaming rigs a run for their money but i'm not sure don't wanna waste my time on a MAC. I really doubt it though. because you just have more options for your hardware on a PC.

you dont make your point on mac code very clear. you say that they 'spell out the command' and 'very inefficient' ... where is your evidence to support such a claim?
i would say objective-c would look normaly to anyone who is accustomed to using it?... I can't program c++ and that looks alien to me, but vb.net on the other hand looks clear as the sky is blue to me, but to someone else it will just look like jibberish.

Macs also support many of the languages that are used on windows boxes, such as java and c - are they inefficient and confusing?

alienware is owned by dell = dell hell

flashy lights and lots of plastic doesn't = a good computer

Soleny

Postby Soleny » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 am

It is depending. But Windows is really going downwards while Mac is growing . Win 7 has a pretty look but not as functional as before one. And its tough way of making people give up Win XP is nasty I think

heebyjeebys

Postby heebyjeebys » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Soleny wrote:It is depending. But Windows is really going downwards while Mac is growing . Win 7 has a pretty look but not as functional as before one. And its tough way of making people give up Win XP is nasty I think

dunno what was wrong with xp to be honest

i'm happy with my macbook tho :) considering how much i spent on this fucker

Xcellerator

Postby Xcellerator » Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 pm

TBH, the only thing keeping my on windows is gaming capabilities. If it weren't for that, I'd have been on linux for a LONG time...
RGB Hypnotoad compels you to OBEY!!!

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Postby ICT Tech » Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 pm

The only reason you have been keeping your Windows O/S is because of solitaire lol ?!?!
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

Return to “Windows Forum”