How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Just getting into security? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: Community Moderators

muto

Re: How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Post by muto » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 pm

</rant>

Owned. :_)

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:55 pm

muto wrote:</rant>

Owned. :_)
HA HA - too much?
I don't think so - 1 post and he comes in here saying he know everything about CC3 and he has hacked it
HA HA
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Post by muto » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:18 am

Just the right amount :>

Unless people have some proof to back up their claims, or explain an unknown exploit, they're probably talking crap.

Problem is, when you've got something unknown, as soon as you publish, it'll get patched, and you lose it :/

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 pm

muto wrote:Just the right amount :>
I thought so!
muto wrote:Problem is, when you've got something unknown, as soon as you publish, it'll get patched, and you lose it :/
Exactly, although not everything get patched! :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Post by muto » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Some things can't really be patched without a comeplete rework of [part of] the system, which means my tricks are safe...

<_<

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 pm

this rm software really does cause more problems than it solves...
Heeby's here! :)

muto

Post by muto » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:13 pm

You can lock a network down pretty well with just standard Group Policy. What RM does, is to make it easy for completly retarded people to pretend to be admins, and manage the network. RMMC saves your sysadmin from actually learning how to use Windows MMC. Tutor's not bad, but it's just a rebranded version of something else.

What I like about a *NIX network is that you don't have to lock it down to the point that it's completely crippled, and impossible to do anything to stop people screwing stuff up, because *NIX was designed to be multi user.

But your point is very valid, if it wasn't for the RM, I would have had to find another way to break into the network.. :)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:26 pm

muto wrote:You can lock a network down pretty well with just standard Group Policy. What RM does, is to make it easy for completly retarded people to pretend to be admins, and manage the network. RMMC saves your sysadmin from actually learning how to use Windows MMC. Tutor's not bad, but it's just a rebranded version of something else.

What I like about a *NIX network is that you don't have to lock it down to the point that it's completely crippled, and impossible to do anything to stop people screwing stuff up, because *NIX was designed to be multi user.

But your point is very valid, if it wasn't for the RM, I would have had to find another way to break into the network.. :)

lol.... in other words - schools try to save money by spending lots of money in software that f*cks up the network rather than spend less on having it managed professionally .
Heeby's here! :)

muto

Post by muto » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:24 pm

I don't think the council gives schools much choice, but that pretty much sums it up. All you should need is one decent systems/network administrator to manage the servers/network; and one less skilled guy to deal with the `I forgot my password` and `The printer is out of toner` complaints. As it is, my school has 4 people, and still can't maintain a decent setup.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:23 pm

muto wrote:I don't think the council gives schools much choice, but that pretty much sums it up. All you should need is one decent systems/network administrator to manage the servers/network; and one less skilled guy to deal with the `I forgot my password` and `The printer is out of toner` complaints. As it is, my school has 4 people, and still can't maintain a decent setup.
Absolutely LMAO ! ! !

The councils automatically decide "Right, we are going to buy RM" the reason for this (according to a recent survey) is because they don't have to hire any Technicians and worry about replacing parts, etc.
If a council get a school to take out RM Software, then a contract, we do most of the work then.
The school just needs someone to be there to replace toners and reset password :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin