How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Just getting into security? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: Community Moderators

muto

Re: How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Post by muto » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Ict Tech wrote:
muto wrote:I don't think the council gives schools much choice, but that pretty much sums it up. All you should need is one decent systems/network administrator to manage the servers/network; and one less skilled guy to deal with the `I forgot my password` and `The printer is out of toner` complaints. As it is, my school has 4 people, and still can't maintain a decent setup.
Absolutely LMAO ! ! !

The councils automatically decide "Right, we are going to buy RM" the reason for this (according to a recent survey) is because they don't have to hire any Technicians and worry about replacing parts, etc.
If a council get a school to take out RM Software, then a contract, we do most of the work then.
The school just needs someone to be there to replace toners and reset password :P
Perhaps in an idea world. In a real school, you've got a constant level of vandalism (people breaking keyboard, stealing RAM, generally being morons). You've also got infrastructure issues, as schools can't afford Cisco stuff, so the crap that they have randomly stops working. You'd also expect them to fix computer problems, but if anything goes slightly wrong they just rebuild the machine over the network. And of course, random panics, like when my school got Conficker, and pulled the network offline for 3 days :P

TJ_2k7

Post by TJ_2k7 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Oddly enough, my school had a virus and the network was pulled. Not sure if it was confiker mind, i never asked nor thought about the fact it couldve been conficker.
My techinican actually aint that bad. I gotta give credit to him, hes solves stuff and fixes stuff pretty dam quick. He deals with the hardware issues too :)

:mrgreen:

muto

Post by muto » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

If you're very good at IT, you can work somewhere better than a school..

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 pm

muto wrote:If you're very good at IT, you can work somewhere better than a school..
:o :shock: Well, I suppose I don't really work at a school - just with schools :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun May 03, 2009 6:02 pm

TJ_2k7 wrote:Oddly enough, my school had a virus and the network was pulled. Not sure if it was confiker mind, i never asked nor thought about the fact it couldve been conficker.
My techinican actually aint that bad. I gotta give credit to him, hes solves stuff and fixes stuff pretty dam quick. He deals with the hardware issues too :)

:mrgreen:
the second admin in my school has to have credit for being the worst computer admin ever:

Printer crashed... what does he do? changes the toner, reinstalls the printer on the server then finally turns it off and turns it back on again

Windows xp fu*ked on a computer.. what does he do? replaces the monitor, with a monitor from the room opposite... nicking it from the teacher who was on it... when there was one working right next to it... on a free computer....(he eventually figures out that windows is indeed needing to be reinstalled)

cisco is overpriced rubbish
Heeby's here! :)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun May 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Ict Tech wrote:
muto wrote:I don't think the council gives schools much choice, but that pretty much sums it up. All you should need is one decent systems/network administrator to manage the servers/network; and one less skilled guy to deal with the `I forgot my password` and `The printer is out of toner` complaints. As it is, my school has 4 people, and still can't maintain a decent setup.
Absolutely LMAO ! ! !

The councils automatically decide "Right, we are going to buy RM" the reason for this (according to a recent survey) is because they don't have to hire any Technicians and worry about replacing parts, etc.
If a council get a school to take out RM Software, then a contract, we do most of the work then.
The school just needs someone to be there to replace toners and reset password :P
probably costs them more as well, no?
the rm stuff really complicates things

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 pm

It doesn't actually cost them more beleive it or not, looking at budgets and profit & loses accounts, it actually saves money.
RM does complicate things in a way, but most think it's great, it only gets complicated when a completre retard is hired as the techie :lol:
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Post by muto » Sun May 03, 2009 8:01 pm

If you're actually a decent sysadmin, you don't work in schools with RM kit, because it's a crap job :>

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 03, 2009 8:07 pm

muto wrote:If you're actually a decent sysadmin, you don't work in schools with RM kit, because it's a crap job :>
But you have to understand, read ALL the posts about people talking about their admins, they are all retarded :lol:
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun May 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Ict Tech wrote:
muto wrote:If you're actually a decent sysadmin, you don't work in schools with RM kit, because it's a crap job :>
But you have to understand, read ALL the posts about people talking about their admins, they are all retarded :lol:
true!