How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Just getting into security? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: Community Moderators

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Re: How to Hack a RM Community Connect 3 on a Win XP OS

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 pm

heebyjeebys wrote:
Ict Tech wrote:
muto wrote:If you're actually a decent sysadmin, you don't work in schools with RM kit, because it's a crap job :>
But you have to understand, read ALL the posts about people talking about their admins, they are all retarded :lol:
true!
LMAO :lol:
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Post by muto » Thu May 21, 2009 7:22 am

Official site is here, and has a more formal address for donations.

http://www.msn2go.com/

cool boi

Post by cool boi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 pm

my friend hacked Rm cc3. all what he did was Put a dos CD on the computer ,Copy all off the saved password on the computer/ logged on user name something like that. then he took the CD home then brute forced the code. from then on he had admins user name and password then the used Rm Management to make himself an ADMIN USER NAME..... :) ;)

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 am

cool boi wrote:my friend hacked Rm cc3. all what he did was Put a dos CD on the computer ,Copy all off the saved password on the computer/ logged on user name something like that. then he took the CD home then brute forced the code. from then on he had admins user name and password then the used Rm Management to make himself an ADMIN USER NAME..... :) ;)
DOS doesn't come on a CD

I'm sure your facts are wrong, he just gave himself the username 'administrator' and didn't actually make an admin?
Heeby's here! :)

muto

Post by muto » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 am

You can create bootable DOS cds, especially if you use something like FreeDOS, instead of MSDOS.

If you grab the right files from C:\Windows\system32\config (system and security, from memory, but you'd have to check), it contains the domain cached credentials of the last 10/50 people who have logged in. Assuming your admin was one of them (and a quick bit of SE can fix it if they weren't), you have their username and hash. However, if your admin password isn't a short or dictionary one, you're not going to crack it, because the hashes are salted, so you can't use rainbow tables against them..

Once you've cracked it, you could use it to login to RMCC, but making your own account an administrator is a stupid move, and you will get found out.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 pm

muto wrote:but making your own account an administrator is a stupid move, and you will get found out.
CORRECT!

If people had any sense they would make "Admin2" or "Test Account", when you make YOURSELF an Admin, we can clearly see it on the Health Checks!!!! :lol: :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Post by muto » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 am

And if they're smart, they'd realise the chance of the IT staff spotting an extra admin account is fairly high, so they'd just use an account that's already there. My school had `administrator` `admin2` `sysadmin` `sysadmin1` and `systemadmin`, so I had plenty to chose from.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 am

muto wrote:And if they're smart, they'd realise the chance of the IT staff spotting an extra admin account is fairly high, so they'd just use an account that's already there. My school had `administrator` `admin2` `sysadmin` `sysadmin1` and `systemadmin`, so I had plenty to chose from.
AGREED!
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

spoilsport

Post by spoilsport » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 am

Ict Tech wrote:
muto wrote:And if they're smart, they'd realise the chance of the IT staff spotting an extra admin account is fairly high, so they'd just use an account that's already there. My school had `administrator` `admin2` `sysadmin` `sysadmin1` and `systemadmin`, so I had plenty to chose from.
AGREED!
You still kidding on you work for RM? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd really love your staff number, or extension number...just one ounce of proof you work there. Even the internal post code for your office ...

cheesepuff

Post by cheesepuff » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:32 pm

spoilsport wrote:
Ict Tech wrote:
AGREED!
You still kidding on you work for RM? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd really love your staff number, or extension number...just one ounce of proof you work there. Even the internal post code for your office ...
He quit recentley
Cheesepuff: geeky and proud.
Rocking a Mac Mini: Want a MacBook Pro (2.66/4gb/Matte High-Res)!