Windows 7

This forum is for disscusing about new exploits and vulnerabilities.

Moderator: Community Moderators

muto

Re: Windows 7

Postby muto » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 am

There was at least one UAC bypassing exploit, but I think that's been patched in the latest builds. There's some stuff in the news about an `unfixable` exploits, called VBootkit2.0, which is loaded during the boot process to give you admin rights, but since it requires physical access to use, it's no more and exploit than a Linux liveCD is.

However, Microsoft has announced that Windows 7 will contain a VM running Windows XP, and since that'll also need to be updated, that creates twice as much work for sysadmins, because they're going to have to be doing two sets of updates, and checking twice as many machines for intrusion.

IE8's already been exploited a couple of times, and that's the main infection vector for Windows at the moment.

I'm sure we'll see more once it's starts being widely used :-)

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Postby ICT Tech » Thu May 07, 2009 2:32 am

That sounds like the biggest load of shit, no offense to Microsoft!

But I mean, making a new O/S, but it's actually running an older O/S in the background, why not just take XP and change some display settings or something! :roll: :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

muto

Postby muto » Thu May 07, 2009 7:27 am

You mean like how every version of Windows has a copy of DOS in it..?

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Postby ICT Tech » Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 pm

muto wrote:You mean like how every version of Windows has a copy of DOS in it..?

Hmm, pretty much so! :lol: :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

RMSuck

Postby RMSuck » Sat May 09, 2009 6:57 pm

LOL at least this time we can see it feking works lol

and why would u want to exploit it its not going to be mainstream for ages lol

BTW the XP mode is aimed at businesses and probly wont be in like home edtion its because companys use old bespoke apps they need a reason to upgrade to win 7 vista runs like a dogs dinner trying to run linux lol

so really to sum it up WIN 7 is actually something microsoft should be proud of because its the second or third windows that just works lol i should know ive knew about vienna/win 7 since alpha stages lol and its got slightly better with each build the RC is pretty much the finished OS and it runs smooth and ive had no errors as yet.

LOL Rant over me thinks :D

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Postby ICT Tech » Mon May 11, 2009 5:38 pm

HA HA - 7 lol's NICE 8-)
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

TJ_2k7

Postby TJ_2k7 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 am

Windows 7 has a memory leak bug. Not sure if it could be used as an exploit tho... :shock:
So close the RTM aswell.

Microsoft, Microsoft. *Shakes head in shame*

Xcellerator

Postby Xcellerator » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 pm

LOL at least this time we can see it feking works lol

and why would u want to exploit it its not going to be mainstream for ages lol

BTW the XP mode is aimed at businesses and probly wont be in like home edtion its because companys use old bespoke apps they need a reason to upgrade to win 7 vista runs like a dogs dinner trying to run linux lol

so really to sum it up WIN 7 is actually something microsoft should be proud of because its the second or third windows that just works lol i should know ive knew about vienna/win 7 since alpha stages lol and its got slightly better with each build the RC is pretty much the finished OS and it runs smooth and ive had no errors as yet.

LOL Rant over me thinks

Yeah I'm sure I remember reading somewhere about xp mode only being in buisness and ultimate.... oh well, I'm gonna get ultimate anyways...
RGB Hypnotoad compels you to OBEY!!!

cheesepuff

Postby cheesepuff » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:37 pm

-SLIGHTYLY OFF TOPIC BUT MEH-

Theres a teacher in my school, who's knee-deep in mac world she forgot to come out of 1997 and realise windows DIDNT run on DOS. I tried saying 'XP Uses the Windows NT kernel, so theres no dos in it.. she wouldn't take it. Classic. She bought a MBP 16 days before the Unibodys too...

:D
Cheesepuff: geeky and proud.
Rocking a Mac Mini: Want a MacBook Pro (2.66/4gb/Matte High-Res)!

Wack0

Postby Wack0 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:26 pm

The UAC bypassing exploit still works on 7 RTM. I've tested it on this box, which runs 7 RTM.

Return to “Exploits Forum”