lol school security fail

Discuss security issues related to microsoft products

Moderator: Community Moderators

muto

Re: lol school security fail

Post by muto » Sun May 03, 2009 8:10 pm

He claimed to have admin rights, which equates to using an admin account (unless you're a complete moron and promote your own account), so the most you could see is that `sysadmin` did it, but now which _physical_ person who using the machine at the time.

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 03, 2009 8:14 pm

I wasn't paying attention, sorry.
Now I get it!

Well, An investigation would be lauched by the school I would imagine, if there is cctv then he's screwed, if not, then there's nothing the school, or anyone, can do! :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Sun May 03, 2009 8:18 pm

if he really did hack the fbi then there would have been news reports on it... and he would probably have been caught by now and the school would not be allowed to have internet.
if he stole information (aliens, kennedy, secrets) ... then they woudn't be best pleased
Heeby's here! :)

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Exactly! :P
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

Todd91

Post by Todd91 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:22 am

the reason i havnt been caught is because i have only said it here, you guys dont know anything! the reason there are no news reports is that they are keeping it secret. and i didnt steal anything, just took a look around. they use linux!

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 pm

they would know that there had been a security breach... and they woudn't have been best pleased...ip tracking works very well

ICT Tech
Community Master Admin

Post by ICT Tech » Thu May 07, 2009 2:30 am

heebyjeebys wrote:they would know that there had been a security breach... and they woudn't have been best pleased...ip tracking works very well

Yep yep!
By the way, if you did hack the FBI, no matter what you done they wouldn't be keeping it quiet, they would be on the hunt for you, you didn't change anything, but there is a hell of alot of Private & Confidential and Top Secret Documents on those Servers!
ICT Tech
Senior Community Admin

heebyjeebys

Post by heebyjeebys » Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 am

Ict Tech wrote:
heebyjeebys wrote:they would know that there had been a security breach... and they woudn't have been best pleased...ip tracking works very well

Yep yep!
By the way, if you did hack the FBI, no matter what you done they wouldn't be keeping it quiet, they would be on the hunt for you, you didn't change anything, but there is a hell of alot of Private & Confidential and Top Secret Documents on those Servers!

quite right!