RM Connect 3

Just getting into security? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: Community Moderators

RM Connect 3

Postby dek » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:56 pm

Hello,
A friend and I are trying to get accsess on to our schools computer system. So far we have gotten round the rediculous website blocks and so on. We have found out you can run .exe file's using notepad, so all it would take would be a file.

We are going to the school on saturday to do our "course work", so we can mess about then. Im bringing my Linux boot disk and a Windows XP disk.

I have a few tutorials on how to get on but our techies blocked the main exploits of the RM system.

Any knowlege would be better than none.

Thanks in advance.
dek

Postby phiber » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:37 am

what exactly are you trying to achieve?
---
'I've got more IP's in /etc/hosts than i have friends on Facebook'

Nikola Strahija, Xatrix Security
http://www.xatrix.org
phiber
Site Admin

Postby dek » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:52 pm

The day before we leave we are going to give everyone ADMIN, change the school website, change everyones background and stuff. Would be funny for a leavingschool prank.
dek

Re: RM Connect 3

Postby Sp00ks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:55 pm

dek wrote:So far we have gotten round the rediculous website blocks and so on. We have found out you can run .exe file's using notepad, so all it would take would be a file.

Firstly, how have you done the above?
Secondly, have you seen the teachers admin panels? its very simple, all you need it a teachers user id and password :), hardware keylogger? look over their shoulder! or if your school is stupid like mine, press tab when they are entering the user id and password if they have an interactive white board on, i did it to a french teacher, havent used it yet tho...
Sp00ks

So near, but yet so far...

Postby FreelanceX » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:45 pm

I can tell you now, that if ur on an RM network and running CC3, which you will b... its almost impossible to give someone admin accounts. The most you will achieve is giving people advanced staff accounts and trust me, you will get found out as soon as you do that. To give someone admin privaligies, u need to talk to RM to grant you "privaliged access". Even then ur restricted to a certain extent. Trust me, i know. Only RM Engineers are admins, and their accounts are monitored 24/7. If u log onto one of those, you get caught as soon as your account is authenticated.

I have a ton of knowledge on RM Networks, especially CC3. Trust me when i say, admin access is impossible.

UPDATE: Due to more research, this is actually wrong... we all make mistakes. lol
Last edited by FreelanceX on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreelanceX - Asking for help should be a last resort. Try it yourself before you run to us for help...
FreelanceX
CC Godfather

Postby V4LL3Y » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:12 pm

please tell us allll how to access .exe files on notpad could be usefull for me in my school!
V4LL3Y

Postby irksome » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 pm

To get on Notepad just go to a website and right click > view source ;)
irksome

Postby V4LL3Y » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 pm

oh i new that lol that is just basic i thought u ment how to open and save/download exe files lmao
V4LL3Y

Postby irksome » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Oh, I thought you were asking how to get on Notepad.

My bad :(
irksome

Postby V4LL3Y » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:34 pm

lmao, i may be a thick retard but not that much of a thick retard :lol:
V4LL3Y

Return to Newbies Forum